Sustainability is woven into our DNA at Fleur of England and we have worked to accelerate the positive impact we have on both people and the planet.
We pride ourselves on creating designer lingerie which embodies the essence of slow fashion, designing pieces to be cherished for years to come whilst prioritising our worker welfare.
We are committed to furthering our environmental impact to make positive change and have outlined some of these changes below.
Our Commitment to the Planet
We continue to push ourselves as a business to minimise our waste and our impact on the planet and on others
We’ve put as much thought into our packaging as we do our exquisite designs. Below are just a few examples of the changes we’ve made to minimise waste and maximise recyclability. Packaging which doesn’t cost the earth:
- Introduced digital invoices (saving on average 211 piece of paper per month).
- New ‘Eco’ option for delivery now accounts for 78% of all our orders. These envelopes are fully recyclable and lightweight, meaning fewer vehicles and less fuel is needed to transport them.
- Recycled tissue paper and biodegradable stickers.
- Gift boxes are made from sustainable materials and are designed to be kept.
- FSC certified materials used within all packaging.
- Swing tickets are made from recyclable card and ribbon made from recycled polyester.
- All DHL packages are shipped with a GoGreen service to offset carbon emissions.
- Cardboard delivery boxes and packaging used for delivery from our factory are kept and re-used where possible and recycled where not.
2. Championing a Less is More Outlook
We believe in investing in high-quality pieces that are designed to last. Our lingerie combines expert craftsmanship with timeless design to ensure our pieces stand the test of time and can be cherished for years to come.
To keep your lingerie and nightwear looking its very best we recommend always washing by hand using a delicate fabric detergent.
By taking care of your clothes you can help slow down consumption of garments by making thoughtful shopping choices and cherishing the pieces that you own and love.
Our Commitment to People
As a business, nothing is more important to us than our team. We are proud to be a female led company and strive to support each other, ensuring happiness and positivity is at the centre of everything we do.
3. Our Factory
As advocates of ethical manufacturing, we think it's important to work with people who share our beliefs. We are proud to have been working with our wonderful factory in Portugal for over 16 years, supporting fair wages for our workers and ensuring a safe and supportive working environment.
4. The Transformative Coaching Fund
Fleur of England are proud to partner with The Transformative Coaching Fund to support underrepresented women and help them to discover their potential.
The ultimate goal for TCF as a social enterprise is to empower women of colour and marginalised people through coaching and community support.
We chose to support this charity as its work to support underrepresented women directly reflects our aim to help women feel as exquisitely confident as possible. We understand our products aren't accessible to everyone, so we hope to continue to grow and support all women where we can.
We are proud to be awarded the Positive Luxury mark, a recognisable symbol to showcase our commitments towards sustainability and mindful design.
Our Commitment to The Future
We know we still have a long way to go, but we're committed to continuing our journey and making these steps a reality over the next 5 years.
- To donate a % of all net profits to the Transformative Coaching Fund by the end of 2021.
- To ensure a 100% code of conduct from our suppliers by 2023.
- To produce our first organic collection by 2022, sourcing organic fabrics and components.
"Fleur of England is ever evolving and we will always do our utmost to provide luxury garments whilst keeping in mind our environmental footprint. Continually making green steps to make positive change.”