Nothing shows your love more than breakfast in bed! With Mothers’ Day just around the corner, we’ve put together some of our favourite recipes and gift ideas to show the mum’s in your life, just how much you care.
Cinnamon French Toast
This indulgent breakfast treat is the ideal way to show how much you care and is the best start to a day of lazing around the house in a luxurious silk robe, like our Polka Printed Silk Robe.
- 1 egg
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 thick slice of white bread
- ½ tbsp coconut oil
- Handful of berries of your choice or sliced banana
- Drizzle of maple syrup
- Separate the egg white and yolk. Add the cinnamon and vanilla extract to the yolk and whisk together until totally combined.
- Whisk the egg white in a separate bowl until light and frothy. Tip this into the yolk mixture and, with a light hand, fold in gently.
- Dip the bread into the mixture, turning a couple of times for even coverage. Let the bread sit in the mixture to absorb the mixture for a minute or so.
- Melt the coconut oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat and carefully lay the slice of bread in the warm pan. Fry the bread on each side for about 2 minutes.
- Your toast should be golden and spongy to the touch once finished. Remove excess oil by placing on a piece of kitchen roll before serving.
- Serve with fresh fruit and a drizzle of maple syrup.
Blood Orange Mimosa
It wouldn’t be a brunch without a cheeky cocktail, this fresh blood orange mimosa has an exciting twist to the classic glass of bubbles with brunch. Add a touch of luxury to this refreshing cocktail with our Signature Black Silk Pyjama set, ideal for a lazy day with the family.
- 1 bottle prosecco
- 350ml fresh blood orange juice
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 30ml orange liqueur (we recommend: Grand Marnier)
- Chill the bottle of prosecco
- Combine fresh blood orange juice with sugar and orange liqueur in a large jug, stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
To serve, pour into the bottom of champagne glasses and top with ice-cold prosecco.
Easy Huevos Rancheros
This vegetarian twist on a Mexican classic is the ideal way to start your day and is really easy to make! Pair this delicious brunch recipe with our beautiful Antoinette Silk Robe, perfect for a day of spoiling!
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tortilla wrap
- 1 egg
- 200g tin of black beans, drained
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- ½ ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 50g feta cheese, crumbled
- Hot chilli sauce
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a high heat. Add the tortilla and fry for 1-2 mins on each side until crisping at the edges. Transfer to a plate.
- Crack the egg into the pan and cook to your liking. Meanwhile, tip the beans into a bowl, season and add a squeeze of lime, then lightly mash with a fork.
- Spread the beans over the tortilla, top with the egg, avocado, feta and chilli sauce. Squeeze over a little more lime juice just before eating.
Make your mum feel really cherished this Mother's Day with our ultimate luxury gift package, worth over £400! To enter just click here.